I love dessert. Recently, I had a meeting where I needed to provide lunch. It was also the week of one of our meeting member's birthday, another member was having excellent book sales and I was celebrating finishing content edits on my current WiP. Dessert was merited.
But A: it's summer, so something heavy wouldn't do, B: I'm trying to cut back on the baked goods, so I wanted something semi-healthy and C: I had Greek yogurt I bought for smoothies that I needed to use.
Brain a racking and parfaits came to mind. So here is my Greek Yogurt Strawberry Parfait.
Ingredients (per parfait):
1 cup Honey Greek Yogurt (I used The Greek Gods brand)
1 cup strawberries (fresh or thawed frozen)
1 graham cracker (long, Honeymaid)
1. Take graham cracker and smash with fork in the bottom of the parfait bowl. Drizzle with honey.
2. Spoon in a third of the strawberries.
3. Spoon in half of the yogurt.
4. Spoon in a third of the strawberries.
5. Spoon in rest of yogurt.
6. Finish with rest of strawberries.
7. Drizzle with honey.
8. Serve chilled.