So, to accept the Liebster Award, I’m supposed to:
1. Write 11 random things about myself. 2. Answer the questions I was asked. 3. Nominate and notify 11 bloggers of their notifications. 4. Ask 11 questions of my nominees. 5. Link back to the person who nominated me.
The real point is to find new blogs and follow new people, but I’m sure there’s some way it makes Heather’s life easier.
Here are my eleven random things:
- 1. I hate
sticky things. Seriously, it could be the best tasting thing ever, but if
I’m going to get sticky,
- 2. Other than NFL football, I rarely watch sports on T.V., until the Olympics then I’m a sports fanatic. GO U.S.A!!
- 3. I can’t write in just one genre, my muse doesn’t fit into one box. I have 2 novels out, both different genres (historical fiction and romance). I am currently working on a sequel to my historical fiction, while at the same time working on a paranormal young adult series. My muse is all over the place, she has multiple personalities.
- 4. I would love to have a nicely decorated home, but don’t have the know-how or the desire to do it myself. I kind of want someone to just come in and take over. I believe those people are called interior designers, but I can’t afford them.
- 5. I am a certified snake wrangler, been trained in no harm alligator trapping, have humanely trapped a black bear by my little lonesome for relocation, and am certified in First Aid and CPR (that may or may not be a coincidence).
- 6. I am training to climb Heart Mountain in Wyoming next summer, during this training I have told my husband I’ll “run” the Warrior Dash and my BF that I’ll participate in the ColorRun. Out of those 3 things, the Warrior Dash scares me the most.
- 7. I am a total bird nerd. I have driven hundreds of miles to bird watch. Well, I did before I had the child. I hope to get back to it when she’s older and share the love of bird nerding with her. I have a reoccurring dream where I find the “extinct” Ivory Billed Woodpecker in Arkansas. A few years ago (like 8 or 9, that’s a few right?) someone thought they found one and I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind.
- 8. I love cryptozoology. It drove me crazy to be so close to Loch Ness and not go Nessie hunting last February. I also totally believe in ghosts and am sensitive to their energy. That is not to be mistaken for being able to see or talk to them, I just know when they’re around and I ignore them the best I can.
- 9. I really dislike Dora the Explorer, I feel like she’s always yelling at me. Simmer down, Dora!
- 10. Every time I plan a gathering/party I am terrified no one will show up.
- 11. I’m scared of chickens. This is not an illogical fear if you’ve ever been pecked by a chicken, which I have. I will look at them in cages or at a distance, but please don’t ask me to walk among them without some kind of armor.
And now Heather’s questions for me.
With what celebrity would you want to be BFFs? – I have always thought that Julia Roberts and I could be besties, but she’s been in my town and I’ve been her town and we haven’t met, so maybe it’s just not meant to be. But I’d really like to hang out with Josh Gates from Destination Truth, he’s hilarious.
What style of underwear do you prefer? – Comfortable, next question.
What candy is hidden in your house right now? – None, but hypothetically if there were any candy in my house it would be sitting right beside my chair, in plain sight of any adult, but out of sight of the toddler, hypothetically. And it would be either Hershey Kisses or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, hypothetically.
Karaoke nights – you and me – what do we sing together? – Easy, Gangsta’s Paradise. Next question.
Celebrity Wife Swap: Which celebrity would you swap with? – Angelina Jolie, no wait, she has like 600 kids, but a week with Brad might be worth it. She’s got a nanny right?
What was the last thing you bought at Goodwill or a second-hand store? – Clothes, but it was a long time ago.
Have you ever broken the law? – Yes, I jumped off a cliff into a river at Yellowstone National Park, right in front of the sign that said, “No Cliff Jumping: Law ##### prohibits the climbing on and jumping off rocks into the water.” I also stole some gum in grade school. I didn’t mean to. I tried to pay for it, but the cashier just ignored me, so the friend’s mom I was with said, “Let’s go.”
When was the last time you vacuumed your home? – Friday, so 2 days ago.
What’s your go-to meal to cook when you just can’t think of anything creative to cook? – The Type A personality inside of me creates a menu every week. I have a menu rotation list and everything, yes I know, I’m sick. But to answer the question, lemon pepper chicken or Wendy’s.
In what ways have you turned into your mother? – I grew up watching my mother write and now I’m an author. I also hear her when I’m getting onto my daughter, a lot.
What things did you forsake in order to complete this blog post? – Well, I gave up accepting the Noble Prize in literature, an Oscar for best book adapted into a screenplay, and a Grammy (just cause) in order to complete this blog post.
Questions for my nominees
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What was your first car?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What is your favorite clean word, that you make sound like a swear word? (Mine is jackwagon)
- What movie deserves a sequel?
- Who would you hate to see naked? (DO NOT say yourself)
- Where do you not mind waiting?
- You can be on the cover of any magazine, which one do you choose?
- Where do you like to relax?
- If you had to dispose of a body, how would you do it? (I’m asking for a friend, really.)
- If you were a member of any sitcom T.V. show family, which family would it be?
And now my nominees for the Leibster Award and I can already hear some of them, “Do I have to?”, “I don’t know 11 bloggers?”, “I don’t want to make up 11 questions.”, “I’m in the middle of NaNoWriMo, crazy lady!”.
Hey! Just be happy I thought of you and get to typing (I kid, but seriously, get to typing).